Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Automation Commissioning Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. The Project:
The position is based San Francisco, CA. Our project will increase the capacity of the transit authority's Transbay Tube, the most heavily traveled part of the system between San Francisco and Oakland for some 118 million passengers annually. Join the team that will help improve the system's overall reliability, and maintainability, reducing costs while increasing the frequency of trains in the Bay area. Accountabilities:
• Support the Commissioning Manager in the definition, organization and execution of the commissioning activities relevant to a project
• Execute and responsible for testing and commissioning activities of a Rail Transit System from the end of installation to the start of revenue service
• Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
• Create and issue test documentation and reports
• Manage and lead the assigned resources in order to perform the tests activities
• Timely identification and reporting of non-compliances and delays of commissioning activities to the Commissioning Manager
• Manage the configuration of documentation, hardware and software in the field
• Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues to engineering and management
• Able to work independently and in team environment with minimal supervision
• Able to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
• Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to interact with customer and project team in a professional manner
• Maintain and develop own professional competence and skills Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Basic working knowledge with one or more of the following Rail Trains System: Automatic Train Control, Communication Base Train Control, Positive Train Control
• Working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
• Working knowledge of Wireshark
• Working knowledge of switches, routers and servers.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server and working with server applications
• Understanding of software programming logic
• Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
• Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
• Equipment Installation Processes
• Test & Commissioning Processes
• Good verbal and written communication skills Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Experience working in a Linux environment
• Cisco Switching/Routing Experience
• Experience with Windows Server and Server Applications
• Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning of large infrastructure projects.
• Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Control, Communication Base Train Control, Positive Train Control , Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, Radios, GPS, etc.
• Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
• Operation and Maintenance Processes
• Experience and knowledge of reviewing engineering drawing, blue prints and schematic diagrams
• Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the Rail Transit System environment
• Railway Operations and Signaling principles
• Planning and organization
• Integrated System Tests
• Validation and Verification Processes
• System requirements definition Education:
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English- Native Language Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/