Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Rolling Stock Engineer to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective.
- To review and approve all Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment Maintenance documentation received from the OEM suppliers; including Passenger Vehicles, OTE, train wash, wheel lathes, maintenance vehicles, lifting jacks, and other maintenance/inspection facilities
- To review and approve all Rolling Stock and Depot maintenance manuals and instructions
- To ensure that all modifications approved by the original design authority are reviewed by competent engineers and records of the changes stored in the MMIS database
- To review complex faults in the Rolling Stock and Depot equipment and to support or obtain expert support to rectify faults / defects
- The Annual Asset Management Report for Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment assets noting future CARP and potential areas of obsolescence
- Works closely with Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Section to ensure maintenance procedures and instructions are kept up to date and are being followed by maintenance staff
- Assists in developing, planning and implementing the department's overhaul and rehabilitation and replacement program.
- Conducts special studies and investigations and acts as a trouble shooter or special projects officer as directed
- Serves as the Expert and Engineer responsible for acceptance of new Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment.
- Management of the accuracy of data and content in the MMIS system
- Part of the Incident / Accident Investigation team
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Detailed technical knowledge of Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment
- Knowledge of other railway systems that interface with the equipment i.e. signalling, track, traction power
- Rolling Stock and Depot Maintenance Equipment maintenance processes including; preventative, corrective, overhaul and commissioning tests and putting back into service after overhauls.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in design and maintenance of Rolling Stock and Maintenance Depot Equipment.
• Ability to use and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturers' maintenance instructions, Operating Book of Rules, etc. and to comprehend the operations and maintenance of MSF (Maintenance Storage Facilities) and stations mechanical and electrical equipment systems.
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.