Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a high energy, teamwork oriented, senior software engineer to work as part of the engineering organization responsible for the development of the IoT product line, in particular Smart Spaces and Video Intelligence related applications.
Working in close collaboration with an international team of industry experts co-located between Europe and United States, the individual will be part of an agile SCRUM team based in Milan, Italy, and will be proactively part of the full-software development cycle, from requirements analysis and estimation till the development and deploy of the product, also working in collaboration of a Quality Assurance team.
The role will be focused on backend and video streaming solution development, relying on cutting edge technologies, in an outcome-oriented environment where responsibility, creativity, innovation and self-discipline are highly considered.Responsibilities
• Development of new capabilities and features for Hitachi Vantara IoT applications, based on requirement, corporate standards and UX Designers mock-ups.
• Development will be focused on backend implementations, with specific emphasis on video streaming services, defined by Product Management requirements.
• Follow team processes, which include also code reviews procedures.
• Collaboration and teamworking with engineering team members, following tech architects guidelines.
• Interaction with the rest of the international teams through various collaboration software: from messaging to task tracking and conf-call applications.
• Working within an agile SCRUM team.
• Collaborate with Product Owners during grooming, planning and development phase to ensure the development follows the requirements.
• Collaborate with QA Engineering team to ensure the correct qualification of the product releases.
• INNOVATE AND DRIVE CHANGES! Hitachi Vantara is a no-fuss, safe and healthy organization. We share, we brainstorm, and we enjoy a friendly atmosphere together, where everyone's opinion matters and can contribute to the team success. We are willing to help each other's, and we win together as a team.Qualifications
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices.
• 5-10 years of experience in software development.
• Knowledge of Microsoft .Net Framework, in particular .Net Core in C#.
• Knowledge of video streaming and related technologies (Wowza, FFMpeg)
• Knowledge of database solutions, from SQL to No-SQL to Graph.
• Knowledge of version-control systems, in particular Git and related platforms (GitLab, BitBucket, GitHub).
• Knowledge of cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS, Openshift and respective deployment operations.
• Knowledge of container and relative orchestration systems (K8, Docker)
• Understanding of collaboration platforms (JIRA, Slack, etc..).
• Understanding of automation, continuous integration and build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI, etc...).
• Understanding of Agile methodology principles and SCRUM framework basics.Education and Requirements
• Degree or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Full professional proficiency of read, written and spoken English.
• Availability to possible spot, short-time (1 weeks average), travel worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.