Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Automation Testing Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilitites:
• Plans test activities for medium complexity projects, within the project schedules, and estimate the hours required to conduct all Test and Quality Assurance activities.
• Identifies the scope of testing required for medium complexity releases.
• Creates test plans/protocols/procedures for each release. Assure all test documentation is complete prior to the start of the test cycle.
• Executes tests according to defined test plans, procedures and cases.
• Identifies and log defects in the defect tracking tool.
• Assists with the classification, management and resolution of all software defects.
• Monitors test progress and provide frequent progress reports to project team during test cycle.
• Participates in program, design and document reviews (including requirements reviews).
• At the end of a test cycle publish metrics of test results in a timely manner. Work with project team and Functional Management to identify areas for improvement.
• Be the voice of the customer assuring that we do what is necessary to deliver a quality product.
• Actively facilitate the coordination and completion of the scheduled tasks with team members.
• Assists the Quality Assurance team in the establishment/modification of department processes and follows/documents all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately.
• Follows established Quality Assurance processes and standards for the formal delivery of work artifacts.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Completes specific work as assigned with minimal assistance. Assignments are varied in nature and limited in scope/complexity. Requirements
• 3-5 years of experience in software development or an associated discipline
• Working knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices
• Experience working in Agile Scrum environment
• Fundamental knowledge of Linux or UNIX operating system
• Familiarity with basic networking concepts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to own and lead and the testing effort for complex and medium size projects
• Microsoft Windows operating system education/experience
• Microsoft Office, EXCEL and WORD education/experience Desired Skills & Experience
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods and tools
• Working experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, BASH
• Previous work experience and/or knowledge of rail related applications Education:
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English- Native Language Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/