Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System Validation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS,
we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges. We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators. An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Mission:
- Guarantee the compliance of complex systems (multi signaling technologies, mostly consolidated technology solutions) to the customer requirements. Build the required System Validation evidences.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ensure the definition and the issue of the System V&V Plan
- Ensure the provision of cost evaluation, planning, constraints and risks of System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities.
- Ensure the planning and execution of System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities, on quality, on time and on budget.
- Ensure the delivery of System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration documents, needed at project level.
- Ensure the definition of the requirements and expected features for the testing, environments/tools, needed to execute the System Validation, Testing & Laboratory
- Integration activities at project level.
- Ensure the coordination with the project team, to guarantee that the System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities are executed in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure the compliance of System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities, with the selected international and national standards, with the requirements of customers, certification bodies and safety authorities, and with the RAMS
- Governance and Company processes.
- Ensure technical support to Project RAMS Managers for management and interface of Independent Safety Assessor, Employer and External Authorities
- Ensure the proper level of independence while defining and implementing the System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities, in compliance with applicable standards and required SILs.
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent Technical Background
- 5 to 10 years of System Validation or Testing & Integration experience
- Solid basis of System Validation & systems technical knowledge
- System Testing & laboratory integration knowledge
- Experience with application V&V testing
- Solid knowledge base in Project Management
- RAMS analysis & methodology
- International & national standards
Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc.
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.