Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated System RAMS Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Ensure the delivery of Signalling systems and subsystems in compliance with RAMS and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
• Guarantee definition of RAMS Plans.
• Ensure correct planning of RAMS and V&V activities.
• Ensure correct identification & apportionment of RAMS requirements for Signalling applications.
• Guarantee execution of preliminary RAMS analyses and provide feedback to the project team (since the early phases of the project).
• Ensure verification of system requirements in order to confirm compliance with safety and customer requirements.
• Ensure the organization, scheduling, implementation of RAMS activities and monitoring of V&V activities.
• Ensure that all Safety Related Non-conformities identified during V&V activities are recorded, analyzed and implemented
• Ensure execution of Safety and RAM analyses, hazard analyses at architectural level, leveraging on knowledge of the application acquired during V&V activities
• Ensure RAM parameters demonstration process.
• Guarantee demonstration of compliance with quantitative safety targets
• Support for management and interfacing Independent Safety Assessor, Client and other external Authorities.
• Ensure periodic review of company safety policy and safety targets.
• Ensure compliance of the Signalling system and subsystem to the applicable national and international standards
• Ensure the provision of the Application Conditions and the Hazard Log to the relevant System RAMS Engineer
• Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant RAMS Manager
• Ensure the provision of RAMS requirements, if any, and the Hazard Log to the relevant Product RAMS Engineer Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Bachelor's degree or Equivalent Technical Background
• Over 3 years of System Validation or Testing & Integration experience
• Solid basis of System Validation & systems technical knowledge
• System Testing & laboratory integration knowledge
• Experience with application V&V testing
• Knowledge base in Project Management Desired Skills:
• RAMS analysis & methodology
• International & national standards Education:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical background.Languages:
English Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/