Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated CBTC Deployment Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. This position is based in San Francisco, CA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Project:
The position is based San Francisco, CA. Our project will increase the capacity of the transit authority's Transbay Tube, the most heavily traveled part of the system between San Francisco and Oakland for some 118 million passengers annually. Join the team that will help improve the system's overall reliability, and maintainability, reducing costs while increasing the frequency of trains in the Bay area. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- This role exists within the Construction Department of Hitachi Rail. The role during this phase will be to manage the Pre-Construction activities for the BART CBTC Project in San Francisco. which extend for 2 years from mid-2020 to mid-2022.
- Specifically the person will be accountable to:
- Recruit a Construction Management team for the execution of the Construction Phase, extending from mid-2022 to mid-2026 including the Construction Manager. (NB: The Pre-Construction Phase Construction Manager may or may not become the Construction Phase Construction Manager depending upon the applicant).
- Support the Procurement Department for the review, planning and execution of all subcontracts required for execution of the pre-construction and construction activities.
- Lead the establishment of field offices and facilities.
- Ensure the execution of the site surveys required for the installation design.
- Identify risks and opportunities associated with the BART systems existing conditions and support the Installation Subcontractor to identify resulting actions and mitigations.
- Manage and coordinate all site activities with BART during this phase.
- Ensure the implementation of all Health and Safety rules, policies and procedures on the site during this phase.
- Develop the Detailed Construction schedule for the Construction Phase in conjunction with the Project Planner and the PMO.
- Lead the interface coordination efforts with other parties and projects as required to ensure a plan for timely completion of the Project.
- Ensure all necessary Work Methods, Site Specific Work Plans and Activity Hazard Analyses are developed.
- Report to the BART Delivery Manager and Head of Construction - Americas on the progress and status of all work under the accountability of the Construction Department.
- Ensure that a permitting plan is implemented and that all necessary permits, are identified and prepared for the Construction Phase.
- Develop the Construction Management Monitoring and Reporting System to be utilized during the Construction Phase.
- Report to the BART Delivery Manager and Head of Construction - Americas on the progress and status of all work under the accountability of the construction Department.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Over 10 years experience with metro and/or rail systems management & development
- Experience building teams to support projects with a wide scope.
- Complete understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Experience with typical project management knowledge areas including scope management, planning and scheduling, cost management, risk management and subcontracting.
- Robust experience, well versed in installation and test requirements for metro and/or rail systems.
- Experience with Brownfield rail projects
- Signaling System Knowledge
- CBTC Knowledge
- Experience with interface management including an understanding of the processes and risks required during the Pre-Construction Phase
Bachelor degree in engineering/construction or equivalent work experience Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc.
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.