Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
We are seeking Solution Architect to join our current projects. As a role of Solution Architect will take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges.Responsibilities
- Lead technical role at division-wide and company-wide.
- Proactively introduce new service processes, automation tools to improve productivity.
- Guide, mentor and develop a team of skilled software engineers.
- Build up technical knowledge base of architectural lessons learnt, patterns, common libraries.
- Interact and work collaboratively with multiple project teams for application architecture and design:
- Develop technical proposal.
- Do architectural analysis and proof-of-concept.
- Define systems- scalability and fail over strategies.
- Make technical decisions that constrain the overall design and implementation for the project.
- Train/explain architectural ideas to team members.
- Give advice for system level technical problems.
- Any assignments from Line Manager if any.
- 10+ years of experience in software development and delivery with 2+ last years worked as Technical/Solution Architect.
- Extremely strong in general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middle-ware, etc.).
- Practical experience of design and development for large scale projects with expert-level skills in .NET/JAVA technologies and front-end frameworks.
- Familiar with at least one cloud computing platform (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- Knowledge/experience in AI, machine learning is a plus.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills; ability to gather and analyze disparate information from multiple sources into meaningful insights and associated action plans.
- Quality and on-time oriented mindset.
- Passionate in driving new technology solutions.
- Highly motivated and customer service oriented mindset.
- Strong communication and customer interface skills.
- Very good at English.
- Japanese level-3 and above is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.