Summary of the position: INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
This position requires an individual to use fixed
and variable measuring instruments to inspect parts, products, and/or processes
and ensures conformance with standards. The Test Cell Technician is a critical
position at Sullair and requires consistent attendance with the ability to work
extended hours, sometimes on very short notice. This position will interface
with various manufacturing and engineering functions to identify and resolve or
improve problem areas. Must be able to interact with a variety of individuals,
often under pressure in time-sensitive situations. Preference will be given to
qualified candidates who view this as a long-term growth opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Use fixed and variable measuring instruments to
inspect parts, products and process compliance for compressors.
- Work with various departments and individuals to identify
and resolve performance-related issues.
- Must demonstrate a high level of safety orientation
at all times.
exhaustive checks for irregularities and defects.
complete product assembly to updated specifications.
specified product and materials dimensions.
sensors and indicators, as required.
up, modify and maintain test stands for specific models.
record and analyze test data.
up automated data collection system.
or reject units based on analysis of data.
all required paperwork.
unit for distribution to proper assembly area.
and flush compressor unit of fluids and/or oils, as required.
test data into computer.
powered industrial truck, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Formal training is preferred; at least one year of directly related experience with compressor assembly and/or testing experience in lieu of formal training.
- Basic reading skills necessary to perform the functions of the job.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Familiarity with various hand and pneumatic tools (i.e., impact tools, wrenches, meters, gauges and test equipment).
- Safety First Orientation.
- Lock Out/Tag Out expertise.
- Zero tolerance for shortcuts or compromising situations.
- Functional knowledge of compressor packages.
- Working knowledge of computerized test equipment.
- Powered industrial truck certification.
- Testing and analytical ability.
- Knowledge of calibration equipment.
- Forklift license and ability to operate other lifting devices.
- Annual Audiogram required.
- Must be involved in 6S activities, Value Stream Mapping activity, Total Productive Maintenance and Quality Clinic Process Charting.
- Lift up to 35 pounds.
- Lifting over 35 lbs. requires a lifting device, crane/hoist, or assistance from another associate.
- Standing and/or walking a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Work may require awkward positions.
- Work with rotating and high air pressure equipment.
- Work with high temperature fluids when testing units.
- Work with high voltage.
- Heat, cold, noise, dirt, oil and fumes encountered in test cells.
- Potential electrical shocks and burns.
- Fire potential.
- Must understand and comply with the 5 Cardinal Rules.
- Participate in EHS quarterly audits, if required.
- Required to wear the proper PPE equipment for the work area.
- Required to attend scheduled toolbox and safety meetings.
- Must immediately report injuries or unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.