Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Environmental Engineer ROLE :
Responsible for managing plant environmental activities in accordance with the Environment Management System. Provide project assistance to the corporate environmental function as applicable. RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES :
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS :
- Manage all facility environmental compliance activities.
- Develop and implement continuous environmental improvements as the facility ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Representative in multi-media categories including air emission, solid waste, water use and energy use reductions.
- Conduct air and water permitting activities with state agencies to facilitate the construction or modification of plant emission sources.
- Facilitate the beneficial reuse of industrial by-products in lieu of landfill disposal.
- Assist in the operation and long term care of the local landfill facility owned by WFI.
- Perform duties required by the Radioactive Material License for industrial gages as a Radiation Safety Officer.
- Correspond with the public, state and federal agencies to communicate WFI environmental activities.
Education/Experience Requirements :
- Needs to be plant, department and shift mobile
- Possess and demonstrate the following:
- Project Management
- Positive attitude
- Respect and integrity
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- General software
- High standards of workmanship
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, references verification, and a pre-employment drug screening. BENEFITS :
- B.S. Degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of prior work experience in related field.
- Strong math skills and experience in data analysis.
- General computer and software competence.
- Experience in administering management program systems (ISO 140001 preferred)
- Ability to manage programs and personnel with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Applicant should have strong writing skills and be comfortable with public speaking.
- Proficiency in environmental regulatory compliance relevant to the industrial sector.
- Experience in leadership, team building and project management skills to move projects from initial conception to completion.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement