About the Company
For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.
As part of the Hitachi Vantara Federal family, REAN Cloud, a major player in the AWS Partner Network is growing substantially and looking for a few strong Application Support Specialist (managed services) to join our talented team. As an Application Support Specialist, you would be embedded into a talented, senior team providing best-in-class solutions for extremely complex issues and can work with cutting edge technology platforms and tools.
The Cloud Engineer, Senior is a hands-on engineering and implementation role leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies in a large multi-customer AWS environment. The Cloud Engineer works within a Hybrid Cloud (AWS and On-Prem) to effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. This position provides cloud-based infrastructure solutions support, infrastructure design, and implementation with an emphasis on leveraging AWS services and best practices in a large multi-AWS Account environment. The position implements and reviews AWS solutions using a wide range of AWS services with emphasis on infrastructure solutions from the network level up through the Operating System level leveraging Infrastructure as Code, AWS APIs, Python with BOTO3, and Ansible.
This is NOT an application-focused role. This is an infrastructure focused role with heavy emphasis on highly available, high performance, scalable, infrastructure services delivered via a Managed Services Provider (MSP) model with Amazing Customer Service.Preferred location: Reston, VA Essential Functions:
- 50%: Design and implement AWS cloud infrastructure solutions with emphasis on infrastructure provisioning, infrastructure management, systems monitoring, governance automation, security management, Identity Access Management (IAM).
- 30%: Troubleshoot and resolve issues with AWS Cloud and related trouble tickets (tier 3 support).
- 20%: Collaborate with other engineers and product owners to continually evolve products and services using Agile and DevOps techniques.
- Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to VPC, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formations, EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, AWS Config.
- This is an infrastructure position NOT and application position so solid AWS network understanding in a large multi-account environment is critical.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies)
- Practical experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Cloud Formations, Terraform, Ansible, and similar tools from the network level up through the application provisioning level.
- Automation experience with Ansible, Python and BOTO3, AWS Systems Manager, and other AWS automation services.
- Experienced in authoring and updating Python scripts with BOTO3
- Strong automation experience with Python ideally or other solid scripting language
- Strong abilities with designing and implementing complex IAM policies in a multi-account environment.
- High availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage
- Experience working as part of an Agile/Kanban Team
- Ability to self-start and successfully collaborate in a distributed team environment.
- Willingness to adapt and change and take on new challenges.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience with Git and Jira is a must.
- Experience with Jenkins and Ansible highly preferred.
- Experience with ServiceNow (or similar ITSM tool) to self-select AWS and related trouble tickets from a queue and successfully resolve them to meet or exceed documented SLAs
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies
- Practical experience sizing compute and storage needs
- Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Industry Certifications
- Related Work Experience: 3-6 years
- S. Citizen and minimum public trust clearance required
- 2+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) migration, DevOps, or administration
- 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- 2+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Chef)
- Security+ certification
- Experience designing, deploying, and administering Windows and Linux based systems
- Good working knowledge of AWS Services including Compute, Storage Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance
- Experience implementing and debugging workloads in AWS
- Experience automating deployment processes
- Proven written and verbal communication skills working directly with customers and translating their business needs to technical requirements for implementation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.