About the Company
For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.
As part of the Hitachi Vantara Federal family, REAN Cloud, a major player in the AWS Partner Network is growing substantially and looking for a few strong Application Support Specialist (managed services) to join our talented team. As an Application Support Specialist, you would be embedded into a talented, senior team providing best-in-class solutions for extremely complex issues and can work with cutting edge technology platforms and tools.
The Cloud Account Engineer (as part of the larger Cloud Team) is a hands-on engineering role which works closely with customers to provide focused support for timely resolution of support requests and drives their successful adoption and use of AWS services in a large multi-AWS Account environment.
Each customer is supported by an Account Manager and a Cloud Account Engineer. Together, these roles collaborate to ensure the ongoing success of each customer and to confirm they continue to make effective use of contract and AWS services.
The Cloud Account Engineer accomplishes this through ongoing triage and resolution of support requests and works to identify any recurring issues and recommend changes. They have regular review meetings with customers to discuss any issues or problems and provide feedback to the contract and Cloud Leadership teams.
Successful Cloud Account Engineers will proactively provide recommendations, suggestions or alternatives regarding their customer's selection and usage of AWS services. The Cloud Account Engineer will review and evaluate new AWS services to understand how it could be used to help their customers. Key to these recommendations is understanding why an AWS service would not work in the customer's AWS environment and being able to recommend alternative solutions and/or advocate back to the Cloud Team with a viable solution in the client's environment. Preferred location: Reston, VA Essential Functions:
- Provides advocacy and strategic technical guidance to assist our customers plan and build AWS solutions using best practices.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with customer's AWS Cloud and related trouble tickets (tier 3 support).
- Collaborates with other engineers and product owners to continually evolve products and services using Agile and DevOps techniques.
- Excellent AWS Service and technical knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to VPC, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formations, EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, AWS Config.
- Deep understanding of the customer's AWS environment and configuration.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer handling skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build effective relationships with customers and with other members of the Cloud Team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communicates effectively at both the executive and technical level to ensure consistent messaging and appropriate escalation.
- Automation experience with Ansible, Python and BOTO3, AWS Systems Manager, and other AWS automation services.
- Experience working as part of an Agile/Kanban Team:
- Ability to self-start and successfully collaborate in a distributed team environment.
- Willingness to adapt and change and take on new challenges.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, methodologies, and tools:
- Experience with Git and Jira is a must.
- Experience with Jenkins and Ansible highly preferred.
- Experience with ServiceNow (or similar ITSM tool) to self-select AWS and related trouble tickets from a queue and successfully resolve them to meet or exceed documented SLAs
- Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Industry Certifications
- Related Work Experience: 6-8+ years
- S. Citizen and minimum public trust clearance required
- 2+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) migration, DevOps, or administration
- 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- 2+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Chef)
- Security+ certification
- Experience designing, deploying, and administering Windows and Linux based systems
- Good working knowledge of AWS Services including Compute, Storage Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance
- Experience implementing and debugging workloads in AWS
- Experience automating deployment processes
- Proven written and verbal communication skills working directly with customers and translating their business needs to technical requirements for implementation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.