About the Company
For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.
As part of the Hitachi Vantara Federal family, REAN Cloud, a major player in the AWS Partner Network is growing substantially and looking for a few strong Application Support Specialist (managed services) to join our talented team. As an Application Support Specialist, you would be embedded into a talented, senior team providing best-in-class solutions for extremely complex issues and can work with cutting edge technology platforms and tools.
The Cloud Architect designs, implements, and provides an architectural framework for Cloud infrastructure development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts and understands user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables. Works closely with Cloud Engineers and customers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and ensures effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure.
This position is for a hands-on Cloud Architect who will implement/code in addition to other responsibilities. Preferred location: Reston, VA Essential Functions:
- 35%: Designs Cloud environments with a focus on AWS. Responsible for the design of production, staging, QA and development of Cloud Infrastructure running 24X7 environments.
- 25%: Delivers customer Cloud strategies, aligned with business and security objectives.
- 20%: Provides hands-on AWS implementation and peer review of IAM, Infrastructure as code, Lambda, AWS config rules, etc.
- 10%: Cultivates innovation allowing for process improvements across the program.
- 10%: Provides mentoring to aide in the development and growth of team members.
- Extensive AWS based Cloud Architecture experience leveraging the multidisciplinary skills of information security, automation, AWS infrastructure and DevOps in AWS environment
- Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM, AWS Config, etc.
- Strong abilities with designing and implementing IAM policies
- Experience using services such as Route 53 and VPC to design and implement cloud networking using public and private subnets, internet access and VPC peering
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework, FedRAMP, and industry best practices related to cloud security
- Act as a driver for integrating new technologies, methodologies, to facilitate agility and flexibility while improving capability
- Be able to write technical feasibility assessments for cloud components and/or solutions
- Be able to develop and execute on proof of concept solutions for leadership and client buy-in
- Strong hands-on experience architecting and implementing secure solutions in AWS
- Ability to self-start and successfully contribute to an environment while working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
- Comfortable talking about technical things with businesspeople and business things with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively lead and influence interactions with both business and technical teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply an organization-s goals and objectives to develop and maintain architecture.
- Embrace and focus on emerging technology and evangelize to the rest of the team
- Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Industry Certifications
- Related Work Experience: 6-8+ years
- Bachelor's degree completed or higher
- 2+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) migration, DevOps, or administration
- 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- 2+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Chef)
- S. Citizen and Clearable
- Security+ certification
- Experience designing, deploying, and administering Windows and Linux based systems
- Good working knowledge of AWS Services including Compute, Storage Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance
- Experience implementing and debugging workloads in AWS
- Experience automating deployment processes
- Proven written and verbal communication skills working directly with customers and translating their business needs to technical requirements for implementation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.