Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Responsibilities
The main responsibilities relate to the management and maintenance of Oracle E-Business Suite environments and other Database related solutions.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents in conjunction with the central Managed Services Helpdesk;
- Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation;
- Working as part of a wider architectural team to ensure the feasibility of the end to end client solution and its alignment to the future technical and business direction of client
- Performing standardised and bespoke technical activities during the deployment and support of client environments.
- Creating and maintaining client specific technical documentation
- performs various technical and process analysis activities to gather required information for the resolution of an issue
- Providing design and specification development support to consultants
- Responding to functional and technical elements of requests for information
- Resolving customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives
- Working in shifts
- Participating in 24x7 on-call rotation and perform after hours support, as needed.
- Working with teams and clients across multiple geographies (India, UK, Iberia, Vietnam and US)
- Installation - Upgrade experience for Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Databases (11i to R12, R12.1 to R12.2)
- Must be well versed with AD / adpatch utilities.
- Cloning and patching applications and databases (using adclone and manual cloning techniques).
- Database Management (9i, 10g, 11g, 12c)
- Backup and recovery, Expertise in RMAN, hot and cold backups.
- Database lock, space management, export and import of the database
- Ability to investigate and diagnose performance issues at database and application level.
- Implementing and managing DR databases (using Oracle Dataguard).
- Must have knowledge about concurrent managers.
- Administering Oracle Weblogic Server
- Monitoring databases using OEM - custom monitoring tools (Nagios / Groundwork)
- Knowledge of Unix / Linux Operating System.
- Capacity Management
- Security and Access Management
Any experience of the following technical skills would also be advantageous:
- Exposure to Middleware Products (OBIEE, BI Publisher, etc.)
- SQL Server Exposure or NOSQL / Big Data Databases
- ITIL certification
- Azure / Oracle Cloud
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.