Job description Hitachi Rail USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Sales Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The individual selected for this position can work out of any of the following locations: Pittsburgh, PA, Jacksonville, FL, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Kansas City, MO, Kansas City, KS, or Fort Worth, TX . Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Act as the primary interface to assigned customer accounts, representing the company with integrity and professionalism.
- Achieve the sales targets assigned in compliance with the company strategy.
- Define and implement customer account strategies, prioritizing opportunities (including procurement pre-qualification decisions), supporting the definition of the business unit short/medium term strategic plan and the yearly budget/target.
- Manage offers submission and negotiation according to delegated authority.
- Identify and assess market trends, business opportunities, customer needs and orientations, competitors, and potential strategic partners.
- Lead discussions with clients and partner addressing win to win solutions.
- Interact with other company's departments (Engineering, Finance, Project Delivery, and Procurement) to discuss and analyze technical matters on offers proposed.
- Provide knowledge on markets, clients, political environment, competitors, projects, resources, technical solutions to support the Sales & Business Development strategy definition, ensuring capitalization and sharing of knowledge.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development or Bidding position, or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Experience in business operations and/or commercial activities, such as negotiation and contracting skills in a B2B context.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn technical matter.
- Planning and Organizational skills to plan and execute a customer account strategy.
- Data mining and analysis skills to analyze customer and industry data.
- Public speaking capabilities and strong communicator skills.
- Basic Office Suites knowledge (mostly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strategic and global mindset.
- Prior experience working in the railroad industry (preferred)
- Technical knowledge in emerging fields of big data & analytics, cybersecurity, and software development (desired, but not necessary).
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Associate Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail USA, Inc. employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.