Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
We are seeking a Post-Contract Operations Analyst to work as part of a global, GEO based, Resource Fulfillment team, supporting the services business units in the appropriate identification and allocation of delivery resources to projects. The team will carry out the resource assignments within the PSA tool, Kimble by identifying resources to meet the required skills, availability and cost profiles as defined by the requesting party. Where internal resources are unavailable, liaise with the appropriate parties to engage contingent resources. As a central operations function, provide monthly business and process metrics, reporting from the system.Responsibilities
- Work with the Engagement Managers and Project Managers to confirm resource requirements.
- Utilize the resource fulfillment system to identify appropriate resources, considering skills, availability, cost, location, travel distance, other selection factors such as utilization to identify appropriate resources from the global delivery team.
- Allocate resources to the projects, and update records
- Manage resource change requests and substitutions as requested
- Where required, with no internal resources available, liaise with the engagement managers, resource managers and project managers to identify and allocate external contingent resource.
- Work with Partner managers to identify which partners/agencies to engage with and monitor the onboarding process
- Work to maintain service operating level agreements with the business, meeting agreed services levels
- Assist with the production of management reporting from the resource scheduling tool, and contribute to an ongoing service improvement program. Identify and recommend operational efficiencies
- Bachelor degree in Business or related field
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of services, project management and administration professionals
- Strong PC knowledge including use of Microsoft Office products
- Pro-active and quick learner, ability to learn the business process in a brief period of time
- Good analytical and data manipulation skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Minimum of two years working in an IT Services organization
- Experience in use of Services and/or Support IT systems,
- Resource Scheduling - administration experience highly desirable
- Experience in use of procedures and controls
- Knowledge of Professional Services and/or Customer Support environment
- Fluency in English - both speaking and writing - required
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.