Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SYSTEM ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in PITTSBURGH, PA
. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysis of customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements. The system engineer will be responsible to identify gaps between customer requirements and standard CBTC hardware/software products. The system engineer will be responsible for the creation of system specification document, system architecture including interface control design documents and trace system specification to the customer spec. The system engineer will be responsible to assure that the hardware and software design satisfies the customer specification creating or reviewing the test procedures and creating a requirements trace matrix from the test procedures back through the requirements and to the customer specifications. The systems engineer will be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life-cycle of the project and will act as technical liaison relative to the hardware/software development effort with other departments within Hitachi working on the same project. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Five to 10 years of professional experience in Signaling design and delivery
- Experience as systems engineer for large software control system application
- Must be able to demonstrate prior experience in:
- Eliciting information from multiple source and creating requirements for a software solution that satisfies all input
- Decomposing customer specifications into software requirements specifications
- Acting as technical liaison with end-user clients during the development of software requirements, designs, and test procedures
- Creating large and complex Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) documents including Interface Control Design Documentation (ICDD) and Software Architecture Design (SAD) documents
- Creating a requirement Trace matrix from test procedures back to requirements and customer specifications
- Knowledge of requirement management systems, software configuration management tools, DOORS and MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills in motivating project/product personnel towards a common goal
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions
- Ability to think strategically in groups to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decision
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience
- Experience in writing Software programs, developing Databases, troubleshooting / debugging software
- Experience with EXCEL and Visual Basic
- Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.