Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Contract Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Specific Responsibilities includes:
- The successful candidate will manage and drive the contract and commercial management aspects of all the details below effectively.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all contracts entered into by the company meets with the company's contractual, commercial and legal requirements and standards of compliance. The role also is responsible for the design of contracts and will be involved in contract and commercial negotiations with suppliers, sub-contractors and vendors.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Contracts (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts)-Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Biding Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of sub contract proposed terms and conditions
- Serve as the point of contact for subcontractors on contractual matters. Act as contractual "middleman" between company employees and contractors, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations and claims.
- Maintain contractual records and documentations and ensuring procedures are in place for control of all contract correspondence, subcontractor contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all assigned projects. Conduct periodic audits/reviews of same.
- Drafting of key project correspondence.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Identify and manage project and contracting risks and coordinate mitigation measures and contractual insurance requirements.
- Prepare contract/commercial risk assessments and deliver contract briefings to project teams on commencement of projects. Ensure that only fully-executed signed contracts are utilized across the company. Continually communicate key risks and provisions to all relevant parties to provide ongoing contract visibility and awareness, and correct interpretations to support implementation.
- Handle on-going issue and change management to maximize early identification and settlement and minimize claims and disputes.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverable, invoicing etc.)
- Oversee 3rd party Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Ensure timely contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Management of contractual claims for time and money, both Incoming and Outgoing with both Customers and Subcontractors.
- Working with scheduling department in an integrated manner on time impacts and assessments.
- Ensure schedule reporting content matches contractual requirements and supports claimed contractual entitlements.
- Provide on-demand contractual clarifications / position statements to project team members as required
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering discipline such as Electrical, Mechanical or Civil; or
- Tertiary qualification in Construction Management; or
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying, preferably RICS qualified
- Post graduate qualifications in construction law, dispute resolution or contracts management are highly desirable
- Minimum 15-years experience in the railway/infrastructure/construction industry of which at least 8-years was in senior contract & commercial roles in complex technical or engineering based organization
- Minimum 5 years experience of managing medium to large-scale design/build or EPC projects
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/