This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45297
Date Posted: May 3, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi High-Technologies
Company Name: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
The Tool Progression Services (TPS) team is a globally mobile department that supports customers worldwide. This position is will be expected to travel approx. 80% of the time to various customer locations to provide semiconductor equipment support including de-installation, installation, conversion and quality assurance (QA) activities on semiconductor etch equipment including M712E, MU172E, M712XT and M9010.
The TPS Engineer works closely with customers to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved by meeting their needs of the business including but not limited to: ensuring quality of service and product has been provided and being able to meet project and ramp timelines as established. The TPS Engineer is responsible for ensuring that these activities are met while ensuring compliance with cleanroom requirements/procedures and safety protocol/procedures.
· Associate’s degree in related field preferred (OR)
· Equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Minimum two to three (2-3) years’ of related industry experience
· Will be required to complete HTA specific training i.e. Level I, II and III as it pertains to HTA specific semiconductor etch tools and pass the related certifications.
· Must have a thorough understanding of a plasma or RF etching system
· Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills (including English)
· Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word and Outlook
· Must be able to work and support a team environment
· Must be able to work the required shift (7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday-Friday) or as determined. In some cases the business may require additional hours/weekend support based on business demands and project needs
· Will also require the individual to be punctual and dependable due to the nature of the business
· Demonstrate the ability to apply technical competency, methods, practices, etc.
· Must be able to read and interpret conversion documentation and installation
· Must be able to read and understand electrical and mechanical installation packages
· Proficiency with the following tools: digital multimeters, associated hand tools, levels and jacks, calipers and micrometers, surface plates, etc.
· Must be self-motivated, work independently and able to work for extended periods of times at different customer sites
· Requires the ability to have excellent project management skills by: being able meet project timelines, keep service activities organized, being able to prioritize tasks and be flexible with tasks as the customer environment may change or evolve while actively servicing project work.
· Must be able to follow instruction or direction
· Must be able to travel internationally and domestically up to 80% of the time and with short notice based on business need
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities