Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs
- The Data Protection L3 Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day support of the data protection environment for the assigned customer account(s).
- Identify monitoring requirements and implement monitoring solutions in conjunction with the support team and Hitachi Vantara Management.
- Perform health checks of the data protection application and infrastructure environments.
- Perform capacity, performance, and problem management activities following HitachiVantara standards.
- Perform data protection incident troubleshooting and mitigation actions upon escalation.
- Open and manage 3rd-party support tickets for end-to-end data protection incident management.
- Coordinate work with 3rd party vendors and HitachiVantara support teams.
- Execute data protection restores for assigned customer accounts upon escalation
- Provide escalation support for the data protection team as required for the assigned account(s).
- Handle advanced data protection configuration changes.
- Implement change requests following ITIL best practices.
- Monitor incident and service request ticket queues and work on assigned tickets.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly operations metrics/reports to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Identify reporting requirements and build report deliverables for the assigned account(s).
- Create and modify support documentation for the data protection environment establishing guidelines in conjunction with HitachiVantara Management.
- Follow the established policies, procedures and practices defined by HitachiVantara.
- Identify and provide suggestions on continuous improvement initiatives within the assigned account(s).
- Provide administrative support and data protection best practice recommendations for projects and initiatives for the data protection team and the assigned account(s).
- At least 7 years of IT support / administrative experience.
- At least 5 years of administrative experience with commercial data protection application/infrastructure environments: CommVault or Netbackup
- Working knowledge of data protection best practices
- Administrative knowledge of storage systems, SAN, network systems, computing systems and virtualized environments.
- Administrative knowledge on data protection infrastructure including VTL, tape libraries, backup appliances
- Administrative experience with operating systems and database systems
- Working experience with industry standard application / infrastructure monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of commercial service management tools for incident, problem and change.
- Basic understanding of ITIL process (Change, Incident and Problem Management).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or other related technology fields of study.
- ITIL Certification -preferred but not mandatory.