Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Engineering and Asset Manager to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City/Honolulu, HI. Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
- Engineering activities including configuration management, coordination with relevant engineering and design authorities, RAMS and safety departments within Hitachi Rail and external consultancy firms as appropriate
- Ensuring that Asset Management System is established and managed in accordance with ISO55001 standards, policy and procedures. This includes, establishment of an Asset Management Plan, procedures for obsolescence management, warehouse management, MMIS management, maintenance management and the annual asset management plan
- Overseeing Asset performance in conformance with the contract requirements.
- Serves as the contracting officer's representative for the general engineering consultant and other contracts as assigned
- Ensuring that all records and drawings are kept up to date in the engineering document management system
- Approves maintenance procedures and instructions for use by the maintenance sections
- Manages the inspection and handover of assets from projects
- Direct, review, and approves spare parts lists, O&M Manuals and drawings
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately through appropriate reporting channels and take action to isolate any hazards and risks
- Ensure appropriate communication and required actions take place between co-workers within different departments and within own department
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
Minimum 5 years' experience as Engineering Manager or similar role
Experience in planning, preparing budgets, procedures, technical specifications, safety and quality plans and procedures as required
Experienced in holding a senior management post, with delegated authority for revenue and safety critical processes and systems
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of project management and engineering Benefits:
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/jobs/