Job ID: 45323
Date Posted: Mar 24, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Corporate Affairs
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
VP of Corporate Operations
Company: Hitachi Construction Machinery Loaders America Inc.
Location: Newnan, GA
Status: Regular Full-Time
Hitachi Construction Machinery Loaders America Inc. is a subsidiary of one of the third largest construction equipment companies in the world with global revenues of $10B. As the North American subsidiary responsible for assembly, distribution and support of Hitachi Wheel Loaders, HCMA is well positioned to be the next major player in the NA loader marketplace.
Summary: Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the VP of Corporate Operations will strategize, formulate, develop, communicate and implement business plans for day to day corporate operations and compliance. He/she will have direct responsibility for Accounting, Finance, Credit, Human Capital, Risk Management and Legal along with appropriate compliance. This person will provide vision, focus, leadership, coaching, and organizational development throughout the HCMA organization.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities:
• Development and leadership for organization.
• Administer compliance across the organization that are in line with the parent company’s guideline
• Mentor and develop department managers.
• Organization, leadership and guidance in each departments’ management.
Accounting and Finance
· Develop strategic plans and policies for financial reporting, budget and compliance.
· Safeguard company assets along with providing guidance on use of assets.
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Reporting including Forecasts and budgets.
· Develop and implement process enhancements providing improved productivity and accuracy.
· Ensure appropriate training and development of staff.
· Develop strategic plans and policies including employment, benefits, compensation and compliance.
· Provide guidance for job descriptions, performance evaluations, discipline and compensation.
· Ensure adequate training programs are developed and provide for employees appropriate for their position.
· Administer benefit programs offered ensuring compliance along with competitiveness in marketplace for both compensation and cost.
· Develop strategic plans and policies for compliance, safety and risk tolerance including insurance protection.
· Provide guidance for legal issues including contracts and litigation.
• A proven leader who is able to work at all levels in an organization
• Full understanding of the business processes within the company
• Self-starter who takes initiative and makes fact-based decisions
• Analytical with strong project management skills
• Prepared to apply new technologies to streamline business processes and the transfer of information
• Competent in using HCMA Tools and Systems that support internal processes
• Strong problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, writing and speaking
• Ability to work effectively, knowledgeably and collaboratively with a wide range of internal company functions and external officials or representatives
• BS degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance is required. MS degree strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 15+ years practical working experience in Accounting or Finance is required.
• Experience in construction equipment industry strongly preferred.
• CPA is required.
• Must have Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
• Must be comfortable with 10% International travel.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.