Job description Hitachi Rail USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Bid Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges. We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators. An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Lead bid in the preparation and submission of commercial proposals to clients.
- Liaise with Executive Management and clients on bid preparation.
- Ensure the preparation of bids in compliance with Bidding process from bid start through order booking and handover.
- Ensure the strategy with Sales targets and the implementation of Company policies / guidelines for the definition and preparation of all financial / economic items of the assigned bids
- Confirm alignment between delivery team and sales team.
- Contribute to the definition of the bid strategy
- Ensure the control of the bidding costs for the assigned bids
- Ensure the continuous update of opportunities data base for the assigned bids
- Ensure the implementation of lessons learned from delivery teams for assigned bids.
- Maintain bid information and filing.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of working experience preparing bids or delivering projects.
- Ability to lead and work with others in a team environment to deliver proposals
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of project management practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work with numbers and spreadsheets
- Marketing and technical knowledge and/or experience in the transit or railroad industry
- PMI, PMP, or CAPM Certification is desirable
- Prefer Project Management, sales/bidding experience.
- Experience preparing project cost estimates
- Experience with contracts and commercial terms and conditions.
- Ability to write technical proposals.
- Experience working in a global team environment.
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.