This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45298
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Information Technology
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Senior Desktop Systems Specialist
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular Full time
Hitachi America, Ltd. () is looking for a Senior Desktop Systems Specialist to work in our IT Group. As part of the Customer Care team within Hitachi America’s ( ) ITSS Division, this role will be responsible for performing day-to-day operations of a Client Support team for ITSS customers. Client support includes a wide range of services including desktop support, network support, service desk, hardware and software maintenance. The individual in this role will act as part of a geographically distributed technical team of IT support personnel comprised of employees and contractors. The Senior Desktop Specialist will provide dedicated executive support, assist team members with issues, and implement initiatives to provide high quality support to the customers. As part of this role, the senior specialist will be responsible for handling issues escalated from other desktop system specialist or other level 2 & 3 teams (network, windows, SAP, etc.). The role will also include working with vendors, partners, and customer groups to identify and remediate defects in products/services. This role requires strong technical skills, self-sufficiency, and operational management skills as well as a focus on resolving customer problems while providing exceptional customer experiences to end-users.
• Provide operational support for Business Units including but not limited to: remote/phone/in person: diagnosis, break/fix support, request fulfillment, how-to dialog, and project support
• Responsible for the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of all end user hardware, software and related peripherals including but not limited to: client facing support, hardware, software, mobile devices, peripheral and network troubleshooting for all end user systems.
• Responsible for handling issues escalated from Desktop Technicians or other IS&T colleagues
• Serve as a point of contact as subject matter experts on technology, processes or procedures in Client Services
• Deliver technical, “White-Glove” response to executives, and their support teams, along with other VIP staff and upper management.
• Role involves scheduled on-call after-hours support, as well as periodic off-site support, including meetings, and conferences
• AV Support for Executive meetings, including presentation setup and video conferencing
• Researches and analyzes IT requests from various departments and locations, researches and tests various potential solutions and makes recommendations.
• Coordinates and provides hands-on support in conjunction with other IT support teams from infrastructure and applications.
• Provide project oversight on business unit initiatives
• Provides onsite setup and support at special events as required.
• Resolve incidents and requests within SLA
• Work as a mentor and point of contact to other team members
• Support will be a mix of Windows and OSX devices
• Must be willing to travel locally between multiple supported locations when needed
• Must be willing to work overtime as necessary
• Accountable for all technical decisions made in an effort to bring a solution to a trouble ticket or outage.
• Receives general guidance and direction from Team Lead and/or Manager, Client Services and Support.
• Helps establish and ensure that others follow the policies and procedures for communication and escalation of incidents and issues
• Makes recommendations for solutions of IT requests
· BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
· Minimum of 15 years of experience as a Desktop Systems Specialist in an enterprise environment
· · Strong knowledge of current Windows Mac OSX operating systems
· ·Above Average knowledge of technology such as: network topologies, server administration, etc. Strong working knowledge of current Windows Server operating systems.
· ·Ability to manage executive relationships without supervision
· ·Hands-on experience working with Service Now or similar ticketing system
·Experience with Active Directory, Okta SSO, and Zscaler Zero Trust network
·Experience with TeamViewer or similar tool
·Familiar with SCCM, Jamf, VMWare WorkSpaceOne or similar tools
·Must be self-directed and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
·Excellent interpersonal and strong customer focus skills required
· ·Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines and regions with varying degrees of technical knowledge and experience
· ·Excellent oral and written communication skills essential
· ·Availability to travel in USA
· ·Ability to lead projects desirable
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesIf you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.