This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45202
Date Posted: May 18, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): R&D
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
R&D Operations Coordinator, Planning Office
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Position: Regular Full Time (RFT)
Founded over 100 years ago, Hitachi is a recognized global technology leader with over 303,000 employees working at more than 800 Hitachi Group Companies in approx. 70 countries.
At Hitachi, with our Mission of contributing to society through the development of superior, original technology and products in mind, we engage in the Social Innovation Business on a global basis, putting our IT and OT(operational technologies) to use in the advanced social infrastructure systems we provide to create a future where people can live safer, and richer lives.
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator to join our team in R&D. In this role, you will contribute to effectively implement policy and strategy for establishing robust operations of an R&D. You’ll get a chance to engage with senior management and support their decisions for improving performance, identify risks and design solutions within the organization. We are now streamlining the current practices for matching global standard practices of Hitachi and offering opportunities for skill-building and professional growth in this position. This position is a perfect match for a motivated individual who is passionate about operations and driving positive change in the organization.
Facilitate R&D operations to align with the company's mission and goals and provide support for tasks such as:
· Research topics and research report management
· Ensuring compliance in patent, export control and security
· Internal procedures for paper submissions to external parties
· Confidential research activity and documentation
· Managing and documentation of R&D agreements
· Manage and organize information on portal sites and repository (MS SharePoint)
· Support contracting and operation of external collaborations (university, partner, startup etc.)
· Support and assist in arranging R&D internal meetings and events
· Interact and work with others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering degree with 1-4 years of experience.
· Knowledge of policies for export/import policies in accordance to US EAR, intellectual property such as patents, public grants etc. preferred.
· Experience in R&D operations preferred
· Experience in Japanese company and Japanese language skill preferred.
· Knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
· Ability to manage multiple job tasks with competing priorities.
· Must be flexible, reliable and able to easily interact with all levels.
· Should possess strong analytical skills problem-solving capabilities.
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work overtime as needed.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Should be willing to travel occasionally within US and overseas.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.