Hitachi Honolulu JV (HHJV) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Technician - Station Operator
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City,HI. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Under general supervision, the station operator will:
- Provide direct, front line customer service to Hitachi Rail customers, including listening to, understanding and offering solutions to customers' questions, concerns, and complaints
- Offer customers accurate, helpful travel and transit system-related information
- Provide assistance to customers in the use of ticket equipment
- Explain to customers various options and policies
- Monitor the proper operation of elevators and escalators
- Observe and report on overall station conditions, including failures, outages, defects, emergency response situations, and unusual or suspicious occurrences
- Direct customers during busy peak times
- Assist with emergency station and train evacuations
- Request police and/or medical assistance, as needed; and perform related work.
- Available to attend EVERYDAY for training Monday-Friday from March 30 until October 30, 2020 M-F 8am - 5pm
Station Operators will required to work rotating shifts including nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Some of the physical activities performed by Station Operators and environmental conditions experienced are: working outside; working on noisy, environmentally exposed rail platforms; communicating with passengers over loud background noises; working in spaces with relatively moderate dust/dirt levels; and walking/riding up and down stairways, ramps, and escalators/elevators. Required skills:
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Excellent customer service skill
- Two (2) + years of experience in customer service or equivalent education and work experience.
- Ability to use computers and tablets
- Able to distinguish colors
- Three or more years of experience of customer service.
- Second language skills desired but not required.
- High School or equivalent, college preferred.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.