Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated ATS/SCADA Technical Administrator
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City/Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
- To oversee the operations and correct functioning of the ATC and SCADA system to meet the performance requirements in the contract
- Periodically downloads ATC and SCADA log files
- Analyzes log files to troubleshoot any problem or to provide predictive maintenance for central ATC and SCADA system
- Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues to support field technicians in the diagnosis and correction of faults
- Completes assigned operational, equipment failure, safety and failure analysis reports and other reports as required
- Coordinates with the Engineering Fault Controller and provides forecasts on the time to repair faults
- Performs routine, preventive and unscheduled maintenance, inspection, adjustments, testing, cleaning and proper maintenance on assigned Central ATC and SCADA equipment in accordance with, schematics, operations manuals and manufacturers maintenance instructions
- Participates in training of ATC and SCADA Systems technicians as required
- Role requires flexibility and efficiently which require shift rotation, weekends and holidays work typical of major infrastructure projects and operating transit systems
- Perform additional job duties as assigned
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Expert knowledge in Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Control (ATC), Automatic Train Supervision (ATS), Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, and Radio systems
- Experience in IT hardware and software and the use/interpretation of schematics, wiring diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturers' maintenance instructions and to comprehend the operations and maintenance of central ATC and SCADA system
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in maintaining ATC and SCADA software management
- Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl) to be able to analyze data for failure analysis reports.
- Working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
- Working knowledge of Wireshark
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/jobs/