Everyone is welcome at Hitachi Vantara. We are an inclusive, highly collaborative organisation whose people drive our innovation advantage. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and celebrated and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. We know that people are our biggest and most important asset so we have worked hard to create a creative culture where you can come to-nbsp;work,-nbsp;be yourself and be successful.-nbsp;-nbsp;
-nbsp;If you'd like to be part of a supportive, successful team who cares about powering social good, developing new revenue streams and improving customer experiences then we'd love to hear from you.
-nbsp;We are proud of our social and diverse Employee Resource Groups and active "Women in Hitachi'' community. Generous packages of benefits are available including (but not limited to) flexible working, a-nbsp;generous-nbsp;pension and private healthcare.
-nbsp;Find out why data is in our DNA and makes Hitachi one of the Top 100 Global Innovators at hitachivantara.com and follow us at LinkedIn.com (include company LinkedIn link).Your opportunity
We are recruiting a Software QA Engineer to work as part of the Unified File Engineering team in Hitachi Vantara.
An ideal candidate will understand the entire process of creating valuable software, and be involved with the complete development-test cycle. This involves being an integral part of a team that produces automated functional and unit tests alongside emerging software, so that rigorous testing provides immediate feedback to developers. Duties are expected to include automated test development work in conjunction with hands-on adhoc and exploratory testing.
The engineer must understand and drive improvements to the infrastructure required for test automation, helping us move towards shorter integration and deployment cycles.
The engineer will work in an agile scrum team, understanding the deliverables and pro-actively taking part in the team's self-organization to ensure sprint goals are met. With little need for specific instruction - but interacting with team developers and senior external personnel - the engineer will play a key role in shaping the design, testing and integration of prioritised work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing testing to ensure the quality of the product. Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions is essential.
A successful candidate must have a proven and recent (within last 4 years) record of accomplishments in automated test development.Responsibilities:
• Design and implement automated tests in collaboration with other engineers
• Support and maintain automated testing infrastructure, suggesting and driving improvements where possible
• Create and execute adhoc and exploratory tests to ensure the quality of the product
• Test (and occasionally develop) software across the stack (embedded C++, APIs, management applications and user interfaces).
• Maintain existing tests, and eventually be involved in diagnosing and resolving escalated problems.
• Work as a part of an agile scrum team to deliver team commitments and achieve continual improvements.
• Produce and maintain high quality documentationQualifications:
• Significant experience programming in Python
• Experience with (or strong knowledge of) automation infrastructure e.g. Jenkins, Salt, Docker, etc.
• QA tools experience:
o Test / defect management systems e.g. JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center
o Load generation tools
• Experience in C++ and/or Java is beneficial
• 4+ years of subject matter expertise in a selection of the following:
o Storage systems
o Unix/Windows client/server environments
o Software-Defined and 'as-a-service' technologies
• Ability to work in a team and interact enthusiastically with others
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.-nbsp; At Hitachi Vantara we are proud of our culture which favours diverse thinking encourages collaboration and insists on respect and integrity. We aspire to create an energetic, dedicated, and enjoyable work environment for all and hope you will consider joining us!