Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Software Tester
candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS
, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges. We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators. An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
• Develops and maintains test cases, test procedures, test scripts and test data according to project requirements.
• Documenting and tracking defects, and following through to resolution
• Completes testing of system changes, based on established test plans and test scripts.
• Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
• Follows established department processes and documents all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately.
• Follows established Quality Assurance processes and standards for the formal delivery of work artifacts.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Completes specific work as assigned with minimal assistance. Assignments are varied in nature and limited in scope/complexity. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• 0-2 years' experience in software development or an associated discipline
• Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices and processes
• Familiarity with basic networking concepts
• Microsoft Windows operating system education/experience
• Microsoft Office, EXCEL and WORD education/experience Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods and tools
• Experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, BASH
• Previous work experience and/or knowledge of rail related applications Education:
Associate Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits:Hitachi Rail STS
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc.
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.