Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Building Services Technician to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Performs routine, preventive and unscheduled maintenance, inspection, adjustments, testing, cleaning, lubrication and proper maintenance on assigned mechanical and electrical equipment (lighting circuits, electrical circuits and panels and other building and station electrical, mechanical, structural building equipment etc..) in accordance with wiring diagrams, schematics, operations manuals and manufacturers maintenance instructions.
- Observes station equipment in operation to detect reported failures and locates causes of malfunction. Responds to equipment malfunctions completing repairs as assigned. Uses electronic test equipment, power tools and other specialized hand tools as required.
- Completes assigned operational, equipment failure, safety and other reports as required.
- Participates in training programs as required.
- Complies with Safety Rules, Operating Rule Book and first-aid procedures.
- May work variable hours.
- Performs cross functional duties as assigned.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience of electrical and common structural equipment maintenance.
- Ability to use common and specialized tools and test equipment.
- Knowledge of or the ability to attain knowledge of the safety rules regarding lock-out tag-out protection.
- Ability to use and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturers' maintenance instructions, Operating Book of Rules, etc. and to comprehend the operations and maintenance of MSF (Maintenance Storage Facilities) and stations mechanical and electrical equipment systems.
- 1-2 years' experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High School or equivalent
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers