Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Rolling Stock Corrective Maintenance Lead Technician
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City/Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Leads and supervises the CM Technicians to perform corrective maintenance on the PV equipment
- Ensures that the CM technicians comply with all maintenance procedures and instructions including; safety, quality, environmental procedures
- Ensuring staff are competent and trained to follow safety and maintenance procedures and instructions
- Ensuring that sufficient materials, hand tools and equipment are on hand for corrective maintenance activities
- Early identification of failure trends that may impact fleet availability
- Ensures that the CM maintenance equipment is calibrated in accordance with manufacturers requirements
- Manages the resources assigned to CM maintenance section to optimize the utilization of resources
- Implements sound employee relations and practices within the parameters of the O&M organization regulations and union agreements
- Assists in developing component overhaul and rehabilitation and replacement program
- Perform related duties as requested by the Rolling Stock and Depot Manager
- Role requires flexibility and efficiently which require shift rotation, weekends and holidays work typical of major infrastructure projects and operating transit systems
- Perform additional job duties as assigned
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Associate Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with CM technical systems including brakes, trucks, HVAC, couplers, door systems etc.
- Electrical CM maintenance and repair
- 3 years' experience in the preventive maintenance of PV technical systems including; brakes, trucks, HVAC, couplers, door systems etc.
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/jobs/