Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated System Engineer - Doors
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pistoia - Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Preparation of the specification of system requirements
- Analysis of the technical proposal of Suppliers
- Verification of the technical description of the system
- Verification of drawings / documents (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.) For installation / integration on board
- Preparation of specification of functional requirements for integration with TCMS / Propulsion systems
- Preparation / verification of the functional and performance test specification
- Support during type tests
- Support during onboard integration testing
- Review of the design documentation with customer and supplier
Job requirements Skills & Knowledge
- Master's Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronic is preferred).
- Good knowledge of the disciplines of electrotechnics, electronics and sufficient knowledge of basic mechanical engineering is required. Interdisciplinary approach required.
- Limited experience gained in the rolling stock construction industry with the role of System Engineer on DOORS Systems.
- Correlated knowledge of the basic concepts of the RAMS disciplines is a preferential title.
- Knowledge of the main regulations relating to fire protection on board systems in railway sector.
- Knowledge of the main office automation software / tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is essential.
- Possible knowledge of electrical / mechanical design software (Autocad, Creo, Catia, etc.) and / or numerical / functional simulation tools (Matlab, Simulink, etc.) is a preferential title.
- A good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential (B2 level).
- Availability is required for abroad trips for short periods.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.