This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45381
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi High-Technologies
Company Name: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): R&D
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
The Process Engineer II position is located in Portland, Oregon and supports the business objectives of HTA’s Semiconductor Equipment Division (SED). The main objective of this position is to provide process engineering support to SED’s various demonstration labs, customer activities, and development programs associated with plasma etchers and Reactive Ion Etch (RIE) processes. This is a team leadership position. Position is expected to be able to manage individual demos with minimal support. Engineer is expected to develop and optimize a specific process, understand hardware and process interactions, create customer reports, improve understanding by studying external papers and attending conferences, and explain process phenomena based upon plasma physics and chemical/material interactions. The engineer should be able to create and give presentations at internal and external conferences. Engineer should be able to perform basic supervisor roles such as training new engineers in the use of toolset, metrology equipment, and other demonstration laboratory procedures. The engineer is interfacing with engineers globally so strong interpersonal skills are required. The employee must be willing to travel to Japan for specific project and process development as necessary.
· Day-to-Day responsibilities include: completing all tasks in a timely fashion, performing development tasks and tool operation, and improving specific process development knowledge and skills.
· Lead and perform hands-on RIE/dry etch process development. This includes performing customer demonstrations, R&D of new dry etch technology trends, and meeting the objectives of customer requirements for current and future technology processes.
· Lead and perform etch process development to support productivity programs related to meeting the targeted customer specifications. This includes interacting with the customer to understand needs, making process and dry clean adjustments, and achieving defectivity and process stability specs.
· Utilize analytical tools & techniques to solve process development issues.
· Analysis of data, design and execution of experiments including DOE.
· Must be able to operate Hitachi plasma etch systems and train new engineers in the use of these toolsets.
· Must be able to operate all associated semiconductor metrology equipment utilized in the demo lab and be able to train new engineers in their use.
· Must be able to independently complete process development tasks with minimal instructions. Should be able to manage one or more projects/demos with limited support from Senior Engineers.
· Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, and technical reports, and generate process engineering specifications.
· Lead and drive customer discussions regarding demonstration results, new product evaluations, training of process and/or equipment, and troubleshooting of process issues.
· Interface with Hitachi Corporate R&D headquarters in Japan.