Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate System Validation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Contribute to ensure the provision of cost evaluation, planning, constraints and risks of System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities.
• Contribute to ensure the planning and execution of System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities, on quality, on time and on budget.
• Contribute to ensure the delivery of System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration documents, needed at project level.
• Contribute to ensure the definition of the requirements and expected features for the testing environments/tools, needed to execute the System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities at project level.
• Contribute to ensure the coordination with the project team, to guarantee that the System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities are executed in the most effective and efficient manner.
• Contribute to ensure the compliance of System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities, with the selected international and national standards, with the requirements of customers, certification bodies and safety authorities, and with the
RAMS Governance and Company processes.
• Contribute to ensure the proper level of independence while defining and implementing the System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities, in compliance with applicable standards and required SILs. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Familiar with Microsoft Office (word, excel) and other basic computer skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with a high level of accuracy and quality
• Self-starter, self-motivated, able to take direction as needed
• Familiar with testing and troubleshooting concepts
• Can follow plans and procedures Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Engineering (electrical/mechanical/computer) background is a plus
• Railway experience or background is a plus
• Familiar with computer virtualization is a plus
• Familiar with scripting languages is a plus (PYTHON, LABVIEW, MATLAB, RUBY)
• Familiar with DOORS is a plus Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in a technical discipline or High School with equivalent technical background Languages
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/