Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System Validation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Development and/or execution of validation test plans per internal IMS, CENELEC, AREMA, or IEEE Standards
• Development and/or validation review of test procedures from signaling system integration requirements
• Validation review of test procedures from non-signaling subsystem & system integration requirements
• Time Management of validation testers, executing signaling system integration testing.
• Validation review of testing results for non-signaling subsystem and system integration testing in the lab and/or in the field
• Validation review of testing results for signaling system integration testing in the field
• The assurance of accurate and complete tracking of validation testing defects, using standard database tools
Support the RAMS team by completing the validation portions of Hazard Log, Design Conformance Checklists, and Construction Conformance Checklists. Required Skills/ Knowledge
• 5-7 years of System Validation Experience
• Background in Electrical Engineering; able to read and understand schematics, books of plans, and other mechanical drawings
• Background in SW development and testing, particularly in IEE1483 and EN 50128 standards
• Background in standard signaling disciplines and concepts (Interlocking Operation, ATP Operation, ATS Operation)
• Excellent communication skills [spoken and written]
• Proficient knowledge in DOORS, Microsoft Office Products; limited knowledge of National Instruments LabVIEW
• Knowledge of computer virtualization Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Limited working knowledge of safety analysis and RAM analysis Education / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree Languages
English Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/