Job description Hitachi Rail USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Project Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Collaborate with the principal Project Engineer to:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Finalize the Design activity from preliminary to as built for system and subsystems
- Ensure that correct Testing and commissioning phases are delivered according the Committed Commissioning Schedule.
- Achievement of the delivery of design and commissioning work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget.
- Responsible for leading the integrated solution of the system, following Lab testing and Site testing.
- Prioritization and monitoring of software problem report status, and execution of tasks within functional areas that includes engineering and software development activities.
- Lead Subcontractors Technical delivery to meet committed Project Schedule.
- Develop with Project Managers the Key Millstone Invoice Plan.
- Responsible for leading work package Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders.
- Lead scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer.
- Lead in optimal overall project technical solution.
- Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule.
- Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools.
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Prefer rail domain experience. Education:
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background.
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.