Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
We are currently looking for a qualified Solution Engineer (m/f/x) who will own the technical customer relationship and leverage strong technical and interpersonal skills to lead technical discussions and apply advanced subject matter expertise, providing guidance on current market landscape and challenges, industry trends, and the Hitachi Vantara vision.Responsibilities
Qualifications - Required Skills
- Technical Solution Design: Work with the sales team to determine business and technical requirements of prospective customers, and to propose a technical solution.
- Prototype: Implement prototype of solution design to demonstrate Hitachi Vantara's value proposition.
- Present: Explain and demonstrate prototyped solution to prospective customers.
- Collaborate: Work across the organization to improve our sales team's value proposition.
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. level education or equivalent education
- Data science / machine learning experience
- Sales engineering or pre-sales experience is strongly desired
- Strong communication skills being fluent in German and English with the ability to present to a group in a compelling fashion
- Strong technical expertise in the following areas:
- Python or Java
- Big Data technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- Ability to present to a group in a compelling fashion
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.