Job description Hitachi Honolulu JV (HHJV)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Construction Safety & Security Representative
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
AHJV believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Support the Construction Manager and Project Manager in their management, and all the project team of AHJV for all relevant HSE issues;
- Supervise and monitor Safety and Security Representatives, qualified person(s) and competent person(s).
- Identify all OHS Legal and Owner requirements and supervise the correct implementation of AHJV activities (included suppliers and subcontractors) in compliance with OHSE Policies, OHS Legal requirements and HSE Ansaldo STS Management System;
- Implement the OHS hazard identification and risk assessment, determination and implementation of necessary control measure;
- Ensure that hazard analysis are prepared in advance for every construction activity, communicated to the entire work crew on a frequent and regular basis and audited for compliance and implementation;
- Act as contact focal point for all OHS matters having meeting with the Team, Owner and Authorities and be visibly seen to provide leadership on OHS matters on the office site and work site;
- Implement, monitor and submit the Owner's Health Safety Plan CHASP (Construction Health and Safety Plan), SSSP (Site Safety and Security Plan) in comply with the CSSP (Construction Safety and Security Plan) and all other documents required by the Owner.
- Establish and Improve the OSHA Program according the scope of work of AHJV;
- Establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the AHJV HSE Management System needed for the Project, in accordance with Local Laws, OHS Owner Requirement and the HSE Ansaldo STS Management System in compliance to ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007;
- Maintain applicable safety and security reference material at the work site office.
- Implement all the OHS related processes under his area of responsibility within Ansaldo HSE Management System (IMS), Legal and Owner Requirements;
- Implement the OHS Improvement Plan for achieving the planned OHS Targets of the project, supervise the performance and implement the corrective solutions in case of negative trends;
- Execute the OHS coordination activities and report the results (Minutes of Meeting) between AHJV, sub-contractors and Owner during the execution of the works;
- Implement and oversee the Auditing and Inspection Process, carry out OHS Audit and Legal Compliance Audit for AHJV and his subcontractors reporting results to AHJV and Customer as required;
- Conduct daily safety and security inspections. Document observations and corrective actions in Information security management system of the Owner in a timely manner.
- Respond in a timely manner to observations, corrective action requests and non-conformance reports issued by the Owner.
- Attend all required Safety and Security meeting required by the Owner, AHJV team and local authorities;
- Facilitate and document Safety and Security Supervisor Meetings.
- Identify the OHS and Security training needs and establish, document and manage a Safety and Security Training Program and perform training to the workers (induction course to the workforce, induction to the visitors, periodic training to the team about risks' evolution at least once a month, etc).
- Ensure the OHS performance monitoring and implement reports in relation to the Owner, AHJV and HSE Ansaldo Management System Requirements;
- Perform or coordinate industrial hygiene surveys, as conditions dictate.
- Mentor and provide advice to the Project manager, Construction Manager and all Ansaldo Staff about OHS requirement in order to guarantee OHS technical and regulatory compliance;
- Maintain a list of chemicals on site and maintain their material safety data sheets readily available.
- Ensure that all required safety equipment is readily available to work crews and that personnel using equipment are trained in proper use, care and limitations.
- Ensure that all visitors, vendors, and subcontractor (all tiers) personnel comply with safety and security requirements.
- Implement the Emergency Response Plan for the Office and Worksite and guarantee the implementation of the periodic emergency drills;
- Establish the Emergency Response System in Office and Worksite defining all needs in terms of training for the Emergency Response Team (First Aid, Firefighting and Evacuation Facilitators) and Equipment according to Local Legislation, OHS Owner Requirement and to the HSE Ansaldo Management System.
- Report, investigate and communicate all OHS and Security incidents (near miss, personal injury and property damage and security related incidents) as requested by the Owner and HSE Ansaldo STS Management System. Document investigation results and corrective actions in the "Information security management system" within 8 hours of notification;
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in occupational health, safety, or a related field.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of Health and Safety experience in construction field in similar size and scope project;
- Experienced in establishing and implementation of OSHA Program for construction projects of similar size and scope;
- Be certified as Work Zone Safety Supervisor by the American Traffic Safety Service Association or other firm's certification program approved by HART;
- Provide documentation showing completion of the 30-hour OSHA Construction Outreach Course or equivalent (preferably conducted within the past 3 years);
- Have attended Competent Person Level training in fall protection, excavation and trenching, confined space, rigging and hand signaling for cranes (preferably conducted within the past 5 years).
- Provide documentation showing current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Standard First Aid;
- Project and Construction Management techniques
- Perform training process, including training needs analysis for facilities
- Excellent HSE risk evaluation and management skills for Electrical Safety in the Workplace;
- Excellent IT (Word, Outlook, Excel), analytical and problem solving and communication skills including written and oral English
- Construction Experience in Rail/Metro Field;
- Experienced in establishing and implementation of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards;
- Certification as any or all of the following: Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST);
- Trained for NFPA 70E®: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace;
- Experienced in Construction Rail Operation;
- Certification as Auditor 14001 (Environmental Auditor) and 18001 (OHS Auditor);
- Good communication skills dealing with all levels of the organization;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Establishment and improvement of the Local HSE management system;
- Identification and management of HSE legislative and other requirements;
- Reaching the HSE objectives for continuous improvement.
Employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.