Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Maintenance Vehicle Technician
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City/Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
- Working with multipurpose vehicles (MPV), flat top wagons, rail grinding machine, and P2R (rail car mover)
- Experience working with Large Hi Rail Lorry (10 ton) with a telescopic bucket
- Be aware and adhere to requirements affecting your role in relation to: Health, Safety; Security and the Environment
- Promote and deliver effective teamwork within own department and across departments and build rapport with co-workers
- Ensure that quality is embedded into the delivery of all work in line with established policies, systems, plans, procedures and work instructions
- Role requires flexibility and efficiency which require shift rotation, weekends and holidays
- Perform additional job duties as assigned
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Vocational trade certificate as a diesel motor mechanic, electrical or related field
- Ability to use and calibrate various electrical, electronic and mechanical test equipment and PC for the maintenance of OTE
- Hold a valid driving license with good driving record
- 1 year work experience as a diesel motor mechanic or electro-mechanical technician
- Strong mechanical mind and ability to grasp the complexity of inner workings of OTE
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/jobs/