Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System RAMS Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. The Project:
The position is based San Francisco, CA. Our project will increase the capacity of the transit authority's Transbay Tube, the most heavily traveled part of the system between San Francisco and Oakland for some 118 million passengers annually. Join the team that will help improve the system's overall reliability, and maintainability, reducing costs while increasing the frequency of trains in the Bay area. Accountabilities
• Development of Safety Analysis Documentation of systems and products [Safety Plans, PHAs/O&SHAs/FTAs/FMECAs/SHAs/SSHAs/Hazard Logs/Safety Cases], including human factors and usability analyses
• Development of RAM Analysis Documentation of systems and products [RAM Plans, RAM Demonstration Plans, Preliminary RAM Analyses, Final RAM Analyses, Maintainability Assessments
• Assisting in the development of RAMS projects schedules providing Project RAMS Managers with guidance as to the inputs required for RAMS tasks and expected durations for RAMS tasks.
• Providing guidance to the engineering teams on implementing safety and reliability into their application and product designs Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Over 5 years of experience in RAMS Engineering
• Experience implementing the CENELEC Standards EN 50126, EN 50128, and EN 50129 as tools for RAM and Safety Assessment
• Familiar with MIL-STD-882, FTA Guidelines, and the AREMA Standards for RAM & Safety Assessment
• Working knowledge of Windchill or equivalent tools for RAM and Safety Assessment
• Self-driven and motivated and accountable for actions and efforts in regards to safety assessment
• Skilled in reading and interpreting electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
• Experienced with the terms MTBF, MTBSF, MTTR, Availability, MTBHE, SIL, Vital, and Mission Critical
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Proficient knowledge of railroad signaling concepts and a background in safety assessment of railroad applications and products
• Experience in Human Factors Analysis. Education / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/