Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated System RAMS Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
WITH REFERENCE TO MEDIUM SIZE AND COMPLEXITY TRANSPORTATION SOLUTION SYSTEMS:
• Ensure the delivery of transportation solution systems in compliance with RAMS guidelines and quality standards, and in accordance with time and budget constraints
• Support Safety Case development and RAM parameters performance demonstration
• Ensure the delivery of project RAMS analysis and documents at system and subsystem level in cooperation with the other technology functions, Operation & Maintenance and external suppliers.
• Ensure the performance of RAMS activities through participation to projects, bidding and delivery phases: System RAMS planning, preliminary RAMS analyses and early feedback to project team since the early phases of the project (frontloading), attendance to design reviews with suppliers, attendance to RAMS field tests.
• Support development of unambiguous RAMS requirements to minimize supplier turnaround time for delivery of subsystem RAMS analysis and ensure V&V evidence.
• Support development, improvement and implementation of System RAMS standard processes.
• Provide technical support to RAMS Managers for management and interface of Independent Safety Assessor, Employer and External Authorities.
• Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant RAMS Manager
• Ensure the provision of RAMS requirements, if any, and the Hazard Log to the relevant Product and Signalling RAMS Engineers Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Technical Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
• From 3 up to 5 years of RAMS experience
• Understanding of RAMS analysis and methodology
• Some familiarity with RAM/Safety Management
• System and Subsystem Technical knowledge
• Understanding of International and national Standards
• Some basic Project Management understanding Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers! Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/