This job posting is no longer active.
District of Columbia,
Job ID: 45372
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Administration
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Particle Therapy Division (PTD)
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to provide daily document control and overall office support to the Healthcare Division (HCD), Washington DC Project and Equipment Installation Management Team at the site office in Washington DC. The Site Office Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Site Manager and work closely with and support members of the Project Management site team in all facets of the day-to-day operations. The Site Office Admin will also report to the Assistant Manager, Administration in Tarrytown, NY for all administrative related processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Document control maintenance:
o Receive / issue and date stamp all documents received / issued onsite, and coordinate circulation of documents
o Stamp all drawings which have been received “SUPERSEDED” to ensure all onsite personnel are working according to the most current information.
o File electronic and hardcopy documentation.
o Track delivery of Vendor required documentation and distribute to the field.
o Save tracking correspondence to Hitachi Internal Correspondence Control System.
o Understand the importance of Quality Assurance, FDA and OSHA regulations.
o Manage, coordinate and assist with all the correspondence to/from all project-related contractors
· Provide administrative support to the site office by performing a variety of tasks such as; answering office phones, making travel arrangements, meeting/greeting visitors, filing, data entry, maintaining spreadsheets and databases, making photocopies, preparing correspondence and FedEx packages, arranging lunches, booking conference rooms/meeting facilities, etc.
· Installation and visitors record report coordination - collect information from staff at the site and develop a formal report format for regular reporting.
· SAP purchase order entry, invoice payment.
· Track customer receivables and ensure collection follow-up for services and/or parts.
· Track and file importation documentation for incoming shipments.
· Execute service agreements, billings and tracking.
· Assist with special projects as required by the Assistant Manager, Administration
· Work closely with the Site Project Manager for the purchasing of office supplies.
· Assist with the establishment of an on-site project office.
· Utilize the content management systems to maintain and update internal databases.
· Attend meetings, take minutes and keep notes.
· Track budget related data and create reports as needed.
· Become knowledgeable of the processes and procedures required by local government agencies (i.e. police, fire, etc.) and coordinate with these agencies to support the submission of applications and to gain permission for construction project work.
· Manipulate complex statistical data.
· Coordinate internal and external events.
· Support frequent interactions with team in Japan and assist Japanese Expatriates for who are new to United States.
· Provide coordination and support for the site operation accounting processes
· Associates degree preferred.
· Five or more years of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment is required. Previous administration experience on construction projects is preferred.
· Basic knowledge of SAP is preferred.
· Strong knowledge of the local Washington DC and surrounding area.
· Openness to and awareness of the Japanese culture and management style
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
· Organized and detail-oriented with ability to work efficiently and manage multiple tasks.
· Able to follow directions from others.
· Ability to be highly reliable and flexible.
· Ideal candidate must be versatile, diligent and have a great personality who can work in a multicultural team-oriented environment.
· Familiarity with the Japanese language is strongly preferred.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesIf you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.