HITACHI HIGH-TECH AMERICA, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Business Process
DEPARTMENT NAME: Supply Chain / Operational Excellence
REPORT TO: Operational Excellence Manager
The Business Process Improvement
Analyst will support the activities of the SED (Semiconductor Equipment
Division) business group. This role
reports to the Operational Excellence Manager.
This position requires an individual with proven experience in different
functional areas of process improvement.
Successful candidate will possess qualities such as excellent
communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, analytical minded, self-motivated,
and intellectually curious with the ability to adapt to change in a fast moving
environment. General responsibilities include
the use of Lean, Six Sigma or other continual improvement methodologies to
improve internal operations, working with team members from different
organizational levels and business areas.
This role will also support ISO9001 internal audits and other activities
- Lead the development and
execution of process improvements by leading complex projects across different
business areas and different organizational levels.
- Serve as a coach to Green
- Serve as a change agent,
driving continual and sustainable improvement culture through consistent
exhibition and initiation of Operational Excellence (OE) and Quality
- Actively work with
different business groups to share best practices and implement them.
- Develop and report Black
Belt project metrics.
- Work collaboratively with
leaders and represented work groups to develop and implement sustainable
- Utilize various
analytical and metric data to recognize areas for improvement.
- Make use of lean
enterprise concepts such as DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma, and Kaizen principles to identify
non-value added activities.
- Lead multiple projects as
assigned, provide status updates on performance against plan and meet delivery
- Develop and deliver training for White Belts and
- Develop training materials from projects and
deliver the training to subject-matter-experts focusing on the gap closure
areas and project specific highlights.
- Customer point-of-contact and provide
on-site, teleconference, and video support to OE team members.
- Participate in different
activities, initiatives and provide additional supports as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient at teaching and applying Lean and Six
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of staff members.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Must be able to transcribe informal conversations
into formal business process documentation.
- Ability to write documents for long periods of time
as well as repetitive process of creating documentation.
- Ability to recognize gaps in documentation and
processes and apply formal problem solving techniques to achieve resolution.
- Ability to identify root-causes and offer objective
resolutions to all level of staff members.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to execute and deliver results across a
broad range of activities.
- Able to support our program and team needs in a
global environment across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering,
or other technical discipline is required.
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business,
Engineering, or other technical discipline is desired.
- Certified Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt by a
recognized institution is required.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of Operational Excellence / Continuous
improvement experience and leading successful projects.
- 3+ years of experience coaching Green Belts is
- 2+ years of management experience is a preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational planning.
- Excellent in interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites, Visio, SharePoint,
Minitab and Sales Force (desired).
- Statistical analysis experience is required
- Experience in delivering workshop/classroom
- Must be able communicate, read, write in English
fluently. Japanese is a plus.
- Previous experience involved in ISO certification
activities is a plus.
- Able to travel domestically and occasionally,
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities