Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking an SAP Regional Sales Director responsible for pipeline development, sales strategy and execution leading to sales of SAP-related services (Consulting and Managed Services). The RSD will ensure achievement of strategic business objectives for an assigned market segment (SAP) and Geographic territory within North America.
The Regional Sales Director's primary role is to generate, qualify, and close new business for the company with a mix of existing and new clients. This is an individual contributor role with an annual quota. -nbsp;The role requires effective communication with appropriate client executives to understand their needs and deliver compelling and effective sales proposals, working in concert with the Service Delivery Pursuit Team.
Successful Hitachi Vantara Regional Sales Director's have at least ten years of professional services with SAP consulting sales experience. They operate comfortably with senior executives, work well independently, and have an entrepreneurial mind set, allowing them to move fluidly from business development/marketing activities to qualifying, selling and winning large, transformational deals.Responsibilities
- 50% - Helps coordinate and lead the sales pursuit process. In conjunction with Sales and Delivery team, develops new business from new customers and expands business with existing client relationships. Sees that sales strategies/plans are consistent with company-s long-range strategic objectives.
- 40% - Builds a sales pipeline by developing, nurturing and maintaining client, alliance partner sales force and new business relationships, and executing demand generation activities.
- 10% - Performs necessary sales administration to make sure that all parties are kept up to date on sales activities. Includes participating in weekly and periodic Go-To Market team meetings and keeping sales reporting tools up to date.
- Bachelor-s degree in business, sales or marketing, or information services; advanced degree in business or marketing desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years in sales and/or marketing.
- Excellent business development skills in business-to-business technology sales with the ability to effectively direct business development tasks in order to maximize revenues and profits. In-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Must work collaboratively with Service Delivery personnel.
- Must be committed to becoming sales certified in SAP products and solutions
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation and organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.