Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Sourcing, EMEA, this sourcing professional will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of services and goods for the Facilities, Marketing, and IT categories in the EMEA region with the potential to support global projects.
Internal Job Title of this individual will be: Strategic Sourcing ManagerResponsibilities
- As an individual contributor, this sourcing professional will serve as a trusted business advisor to stakeholders, providing best-in-class technical consulting from a sourcing and external benchmark/industry perspective.
- Use data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to provide guidance in the development and execution of sourcing and category strategies, contributing to improved profits and cash flows.
- Manage the development and execution of sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of Hitachi Vantara as well as the specific business function.
- Review contractual terms and conditions, negotiate and draft language to reflect favorable terms and mitigate risk.
- Develop and maintain a best in class global preferred supply base for respective area of responsibility.
- Lead Sourcing events (RPI, RFP, RFQ), collaborating with stakeholders to define scope, identify suppliers and develop internal recommendations.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on a variety of contracts, to ensure maximum value and minimum risk to Hitachi Vantara.
- Manage strategic supplier relationships with cross functional/cross business impact covering multiple geographies within the Americas.
- Lead or assist with the development of process documentation associated with key process. improvement leveraging diverse ideas and expertise for category progression.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Business, Economics or Finance) or relevant work experience.
- 2 - 5 years' experience in Indirect Procurement sourcing and category management.
- Solid understanding of basic procurement law with correlating ability to author/negotiate/oversee master supply agreements, professional services agreements, statements of work, change requests, amendments.
- Subject matter expertise in one of the following categories: Facilities or Marketing.
- Demonstrated track record of leading the sourcing process, working with stakeholders across businesses and geographies.
- Proven ability to communicate, influence and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Strong business acumen, including good strategy, financial and operational skills.
- Solid project management skills with the ability to drive and close multiple complex, high risk projects across business functions and geographies.
- Excellent negotiations skills with the ability to negotiate large volume, high risk deals independently.
- Strong supplier management skills.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite), specially Excel.
- Experience working in eSourcing tool environment a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Any additional languages would advantageous especially Spanish - Portuguese.
Holding certifications in the below is a plus
- Able to navigate a fast-paced multi-national environment with personnel from all over the many regions and will seek to foster excellent working relationships.
- Must be well organised, confident in navigating demands from stakeholders, a natural self-starter with a willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies, whilst employing excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Hold required work visa permitted to work in the designated work location.
- Procurement related certifications through ISM, American Purchasing Society or other recognized entity.
- Project Management
- Legal and commercial negotiations
- Position to be located in Krakow, Poland. No relocation assistance available.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.