HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Technical Writer and Training Specialist
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Plan, develop, and implement training programs for company products and/or systems that meet customer and/or contract requirements.
- Deliver formal "stand up" training on site as required by the contract or customer.
- Deliver informal "in house" training as directed by the Americas Shared Services Manager.
- Obtain customer and technical approval of training plans, O&M manuals, and other training-related documentation prior to all training programs.
- Plan, develop, and submit technical documentation that describe company products and/or system configurations that meet customer and/or contract requirements while adhering to company standards.
- Revise technical documentation because of formal technical reviews (FTRs) and customer reviews and resubmit it in a timely manner.
- Prepare written technical information suitable for its intended audience and completed within the assigned budget.
- Provide necessary input to proposals and cost estimates for operation and maintenance documentation, training materials and training courses associated with sales and marketing efforts in collaboration with the Americas Shared Services Manager.
- Prepare periodic reports on technical documentation progress as requested by the Americas Shared Services Manager.
- Adhere to documentation development schedules and budgets for both internal and external customers with on-time delivery.
- Keep informed on advances in training techniques and standards.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 2-3 years' experience as a trainer/technical writer for a supplier to the railroad or mass transit industries or work directly for a railroad or mass transit company or 4-6 years' experience as a trainer/technical writer for an engineering firm.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science or Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing if corresponding work experience is with an engineering firm.
- Demonstrated training skills, including "stand up" training at a customer's site.
- Proven ability to write operation and maintenance manuals and corresponding training materials that are clear, concise, correct, and consistent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or other desktop publishing tools.
- Able to understand and organize large amounts of information that is technically complex and originates from a variety of sources.
- Able to use existing engineering documentation, such as the Software Requirements Specification, Book of Plans, etc., to glean the necessary information required in technical documents.
- Must be able to interview hardware/software subject matter experts and understand engineering-related information and terminology.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with engineering and project management personnel to elicit information, support, and help when required for training program delivery and technical documentation development.
- Working knowledge of a graphics tool such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent verbal, written, and electronic communications skills.
- Professionally mature, able to take direction, highly productive, works independently.
- Self-starter, not afraid to ask questions, motivated, proactive.
- Adaptable to the changes in direction of a project, flexible, and a good multi-tasker.
Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent Technical background Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/