Hitachi Rail STS Australia is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Proposal & Bidding Manager to join our APAC based Signalling Bid Team.
The mission of this role is to contribute to the growth of the company through the preparation, approval and submittal of competitive tenders, quotations and unsolicited proposals based on client tender requirements (technical and contractual), ensuring compliance with Company Bidding Procedures.
The region covered by the APAC based Bid team includes all Signalling opportunities in Australia, China, Korea, South East Asia and India.
This is a permanent full time role and the ideal candidate will preferably have experience in similar roles. The location of the position will be in Brisbane (QLD), with possibility to consider Perth as alternative location. Duties include but are not limited to:
Skills and experience
- Lead bid in the preparation and submission of commercial proposals to clients.
- Liaise with Executive Management and clients on bid preparation.
- Ensure the preparation of bids in compliance with Bidding process from bid start through order booking and handover.
- Ensure the strategy with Sales targets and the implementation of Company policies / guidelines for the definition and preparation of all financial / economic items of the assigned bids
- Confirm alignment between delivery team and sales team.
- Contribute to the definition of the bid strategy
- Ensure the control of the bidding costs for the assigned bids
- Ensure the continuous update of opportunities data base for the assigned bids
- Ensure the implementation of lessons learned from delivery teams for assigned bids.
- Maintain bid information and filing.
Ideally 3+ years of working experience as Bid Manager/Coordinator , Cost Estimator or Project Manager in our Industry
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ability to lead and work with others in a team environment to deliver proposals
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of project management practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work with numbers and spreadsheets
Marketing and technical knowledge and/or experience in the transit or railroad industry
- Prefer Project Management, sales/bidding experience.
- Experience preparing project cost estimates
- Experience with contracts and commercial terms and conditions.
- Ability to write technical proposals.
- Experience working in a global team environment.
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages: