HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal HSE Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, Canada
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. In Canada, we are hiring for the Hurontario LRT project, an 18-kilometre, 19-stop light rail transit system that runs from Mississauga to Brampton Gateway Terminal in Brampton. Accountabilities:
Chief Safety & Security Officer
The Chief Safety & Security Officer shall be responsible for the safety and security of the Project, Including,
(i) the design, implementation and certification of the Works;
(ii) the development and implementation of the Safety Management Plan, Security Management Plan, and Emergency Response Plan;
(iii) safety and security performance;
(iv) participation in the Safety and Security Management Committee; and
(v) acting as the point of contact with Contracting Authority in respect of the system safety
Support the leadership of the HSE team and achieve business goals that meet shareholders expectations in a manner that focuses on health, safety and environmental, continuous improvement and good corporate governance on project were is appointed;
To support that workplace Health & Safety, environmental requirements of site and/or projects are implemented, monitored and maintained within group are of responsibility and to coordinate the HSE Team within that group area.
• Contribute to establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Local Management System in compliance with International Standards, IMS and Local Procedures;
• Supervise the implementation of the HRH activities in compliance with HSE Policies, HSE Legislative requirements , HSE Customer Requirements and HSE Management System (IMS);
• Implement the HSE hazard identification, HSE risk assessment and identification of necessary controls measures (Management Plan) within HSE Policies, applicable HSE Legislation, HSE Customer requirements and HSE Management System (IMS);
• Conduct the compliance audits to the HSE Legislative requirements;
• Implement the HSE Programs for the achieving of the HSE objectives and targets;
• Manage the external HSE resources appointed on Worksite and Construction site;
• Contribute to HSE Communication, Participation and Consultation;
• Participate to identification of HSE Training needs and conduct the HSE training according to the Training Program;
• Contribute to the identification of legal and IMS requirements of engaged suppliers and subcontractors;
• Define and update the procedure for the management of potential emergency situation;
• Monitor, report and communicate the HSE performance and implement solutions in case of negative trends;
• Implement, investigation and analysis in case of HSE accidents and incidents (also in case of near misses).
• Identify nonconformities and verify that the corrective/preventive actions are taken to mitigate it and avoid the recurrence; Required Skills/ Knowledge:
10 to 15 years experience
PEng licensed in Ontario (licensed to practice engineering in the province of Ontario or holding similar license), as well as possessing LRT experience. Details of experience, qualification and licensing shall be presented to Contracting Authority. Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
Preferred experience in the rail industry Education
: Bachelor's Degree in engineering area Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/