Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Automation Software Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the software lifecycle, according to company standard processes (IMS).
• Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete solution (components, documentation and tools)
• Contribute to the identification and ensure the application of software automation common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices
• Ensure the requirement identification and their mapping into specific detailed software requirements
• Ensure the correct development of SW platform in accordance with Automation needs and principle
• Ensure the definition of SW test planning and the related test execution by defining and setting up the test environment and the simulator engines
• Ensure the resolution of any SW issue affecting the delivery of a project.
• Ensure the integration test definition and execution Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Over 5 years of experience in the spectrum of the software developer life-cycle.
• Significant experience building enterprise class, multi-process, fault tolerant load balanced and multi-tiered systems.
• Expert level C++ programming skills that leverage advanced constructs of the language.
• Experience applying Object-Oriented Design principles and patterns.
• Extensive knowledge of developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
• Strong diagnostic and analytical skills.
• Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning and DevOps.
• Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
• Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while not compromising quality.
• Energizes those around them when working with a team while having the ability to go solo when appropriate.
• Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience implementing and sustaining mission critical enterprise systems.Desired Skills/ Knowledge Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Prior experience in control systems or embedded systems
• Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum or other Agile processes
• SQL database data modeling and interaction Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent technical/scientific background Languages
• English Proficiency Benefits
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/