Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Automation Software Engineering Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Serve as a people manager and a highly technical, hands-on software engineering mentor
• Lead and grow software engineering teams to deliver next-generation ATS dispatching solutions
• Strive to be a subject matter expert in applying your strategic technical influence to our stack
• Assist in co-creating lean software engineering practices
• Work closely with our teams to define and execute on our technology roadmap
• Provide clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
• Collaborate cross-functionally and drive software engineering improvements Required Skills & Experience:
• BSc degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience building and managing high-performing software engineering teams in an Agile environment
• 5+ years of experience in C++ development
• Communicator and influencer with experience managing cross-team and cross-geography collaborations Desired Skills & Experience
• MS degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
• Prior experience with distributed control systems development
• Experience with influencing the mindset shift from Waterfall to Agile methodologies Education:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/