HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Signaling V&V Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
WITH REFERENCE TO COMPLETE SIGNALLING DESIGN FOR COMPLEX PROJECT(S)
• Ensure the review of Signaling Design requirements allocation, compliance and verification,
• Ensure the delivery of complete Signaling design (schemes, specification documents, test reports...) compliant to project requirements and company
• Guarantee the assigned deliverables (documents and design) are produced in compliance with industry standards (e.g. CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC,
etc.) and with company processes and standard solutions (e.g. CBTC) and deliver the related supporting documents,
• Guarantee that the Signaling technical solution is effectively communicated and defended (understand and provide reasons for technical choices in a
• Ensure the effective Interfacing and cross collaboration on signaling design related matters with others company functions involved in the project,
• Ensure gathering and chairing reviews to detect design errors, process or tool inefficiencies and ensure the identification and implementation of
corrective and improvement actions,
• Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan,
• Ensure the effective organization of analysis sequence to address the feedback from Validation and on site tests,
• Ensure clarity and consistency of the overall Wayside and On board subsystems. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
Minimum 10 years signaling design and delivery. Education:
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/